Holly and Steve's
house construction is moving along. Steve and Holly have designed
the house and Steve will be doing about 50% of the construction
himself. The exterior of the house will resemble the homes in
Celebration, Florida but the interior will be one of a kind with
a 300 gallon salt water fish tank built into the wall, 9'
ceilings throughout the house with a 19' ceiling in the Family
Room, a loft overlooking the Family Room, a 2nd floor porch off
of the Master Bedroom, Home Theater, fireplace, 4 showers, and
laundry drops in the upstair bathrooms. Here are the latest
- 7/99 Steve and Holly purchase (with the help of Lula and
Burkett) 2 1/2 acres in Groveland, Florida on the top of
a hill overlooking lakes and a large tree farm.
- 4/7/00 Survey is completed.
- 4/10/00 Architect Doug Hammond from Sebring, Florida is
- 5/1/00 Current house is under contract to be sold if
financing is approved.
- 5/3/00 General Contractor Gregg Whitaker is hired.
- 6/17/00 House pad is excavated. Fifteen truck loads of fill dirt are brought in. Additional fill will be needed for area surrounding the house and the driveway area (See pictures below).
- 6/24/00 Steve and Lindsey plant 35 donated trees. Tress include Oaks from Burkett Berry, Pecan trees from Gyles Williams, and Pine and Oak trees from Don Gworek (See pictures below).
- 8/25/00 Steve, Holly, and Lindsey move into apartment in Winter Garden, Florida.
- 8/31/00 Current house sale closes.
- 2/5/2001 Final drawings received from Architect.
- 2/8/2001 Truss drawings received from truss Company.
- 2/9/2001 Signed and sealed drawings received from Engineer.
- 2/10/2001 Steve and Gary Knight use tractor to clear pasture.
- 2/16/2001 Lake County Health Department approves location of Septic Tank.
- 2/16/2001 Secco Electric Engineer approves electrical connection.
- 2/18/2001 Temporary power pole installed.
- 3/30/2001 Water well completed.
- 4/11/2001 Slab poured.
- 4/16/2001 Framing Starts.
Future activities include:
- Roof installation.
- Plumbing and electrical installation.
- Dry wall installation.
- Driveway and landscaping installation.
Click on floor plans to enlarge!